Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life ReviewI don't know if age has anything to do with what was taken away from this book (probably not), but as an early 30-something I didn't take away much after I was done. There were some tender moments (see Chapter 2), but I didn't really have any "Aha! moments." There were some very, very funny moments, but outside of that I was left feeling like this is an account of her life. As another commenter said, I didn't go in with any expectations. I bought the book to support because I'm a fan...and there was some level of curiosity as to what it would be about. I thought the book was too much Demetria. I very much enjoyed the chapters when she incorporated the conversations she had with her group of guy friends about women, dating, and sex. Those were the best parts of the book!In another chapter she elaborated on something that made it into Essence--a particular guy was quoted in the mag but not in his entirety, so she elaborated and gave his full quote for more insight. Those things were interesting. Those conversations & pieces of interviews were the most relevant to me and my life. If I wanted to reminisce on my days of partying in my 20s I'll call up my girls.
Other [small] things to point out: the book is not in chronological order, no dates are provided, and the jumping around of stories was a tad confusing. At the end when she mentioned Nathan I had to jump around to find what his story was. I had not a clue. I'm sure there was a method to the madness, but it made the book somewhat hard to follow. However, I did enjoy the chapters about Jump Offs, dating your friends ex, and why it's okay to be single. (P.S. all of those were "advice" chapters...not detailed stories about her life.)
Overall, the book was good and I DID enjoy it. It was well-written, funny, and an easy read during my commute. But, perhaps the early 20-somethings can benefit from this more than I did.
I think the title of the book would have been better off entitled "A Belle In Brooklyn: The Unintentionally Hilarious Adventures Of A Southern Woman Living Way Too Far Above the Mason Dixon." The title of her blog...and that's exactly what it is, but with a little more detail.
I will purchase ABIB part 2. and because I know you read the reviews, Demetria, congrats & continued success. :-)
Signed,
Always A FanA Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life Overview
Want to learn more information about A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment