Keeping The Millennials: Why Companies Are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation- and What to Do About It Review

Keeping The Millennials: Why Companies Are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation- and What to Do About It
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Keeping The Millennials: Why Companies Are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation- and What to Do About It? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Keeping The Millennials: Why Companies Are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation- and What to Do About It. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Keeping The Millennials: Why Companies Are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation- and What to Do About It ReviewMy first reaction when I first got the book was to reject it. I thought "in this turbulence who would need to worry about recruiting and keeping staff." I thought "poor timing to release a book like this".
I also tend to dislike books the categorize people and say all millennials do this or that. I know I am not typical of any group and I think most people are also unique.
But then I got into the book.
I agree that turnover is very expensive for companies. This is often an overlooked expense.
I am also a believer that the key to running a successful business is getting people fully engaged so understanding what creates engagement in a generation (and no they are not all the same) is important.
I also see that the current economy will create a situation where some people will work later in their life so we will now have 4 generations that need to work smoothly together.
And I am energized to think of using the unique characteristics that each generation can offer to build a great company. This diversity will be health if properly harnessed.
Millennials (or generation Y) are an interesting generation (born 1980 to 1999). They suffer from overprotective parents and having things too easy (read The Millionaire Next Door for a prospective on that). They are highly techno savvy. They will embrace multiple jobs and careers in their lifetime. They seek balance in life. They want fast advancement.
I liked the section that compared the Boomers (that would be me) to the Millennials. Even though I reject being categorized, I certainly saw myself with many Boomer qualities. Boomer focus on work ethic and Millennials focus on getting the job done - perhaps I can learn something. Work less, accomplish more. After all, effectiveness is really the goal.
I really liked the section on how to onboard millennials and how they learn. These were good concrete ideas that are actionable.
And of course I liked the view on how Millennials use and interact with technology and the Internet.
Good book. Interesting and well written.Keeping The Millennials: Why Companies Are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation- and What to Do About It Overview

Want to learn more information about Keeping The Millennials: Why Companies Are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation- and What to Do About It?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment